Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Women for Women ?#*!

Ok so last night we went to the doctors and what a terrible experience.  Since starting our TTC journey in Oct 09 we have been treated so nicely from our fertility clinic.  I went to see this particular ob gyn back then  (last nights appt) and explained our situation she seemed ok with it.  Last night we were so excited to see our lil luvbug and they wouldnt let M in with me, so we were crushed and her lovely face looked heartbroken, they said the doctor sees the patient first and then she would see us both.  I said she wants to see the sonogram but I got the impression there was no sonogram.  I was so upset M had to stay in the waiting room , she used to come with me even when I had my blood taken and there was never a problem the doc's always talked to us both..  The doc walked past me totally snubbed me I was trying to say hello and she completely  ignored me.  So the nurse was a horrid homophobe she looked at me and said oh your here because your pregnant, I said yes and she said and do you want to keep it? I was stunned I said of course.  I had just peed in a cup and I told her to throw the urine in the garbage I didnt want them to get any of our insurance money.  I said they made me so uncomfortable I stormed out of there and told the receptionist to cancel everything I would never go back there.  We left in a blaze of outrage.  The sickest part of the whole ordeal is that the clinic is called women for women!!!!  I think they need a severe name change....   so I am scrambling to make my first ob appt how often do you get prenatel visits??

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely terrible! I'm so sorry that you had to have such a unpleasant experience. I would have reacted exactly the same. I can't believe she had the nerve to ask if you want to keep "it"! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how horrible!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. They definitely need a name change asap, they way the treated you is disgusting! I'm so glad you didn't tolerate it! I see my OB every 4 weeks, and they give a sonogram each time, which they say is their standard practice. I hope you're able to find a better OB soon, but then again anyone would have to be better than them!

    ReplyDelete