Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hospital or home birth???

I am in my 3rd Tri and feeling great.  No more vomiting, I am hungry every 3 hours or so and I have much more energy during the day, although I still nod off on the sofain the evening.
We have an appointment tomorrow with a new ob doc and I want to discuss options with them.  I definately want a natural birth (as long as there are no complications).  I am afraid of the high c section rate in this country (I am from England and they do things a lot differently over there).  After going to a lespian pregnancy support group and hearing from a midwife and a doula I am totally intrigued and considering a home birth with a back up doctor.  We also watched the 'business of being born' which was also an eye opener.  hmmmmmmmmmmmm so much to take into consideration....

3 comments:

  1. I watched the Business of Being Born, and loved it. I think it's such an individual choice. I totally respect and admire those that choose the home route. I am going to be delivering at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I just caught up on yours and want to offer a belated congrats! I'm definitely hoping to do a home birth when the time comes, but I certainly understand it's not for everyone. That being said, I know many folks who have done it and all have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was WOW to us as well. We plan to have home birth when we conceive. We already have a midwife lined up and everything. lol. EARLY planning.

    ReplyDelete